ProblemA user attempts to share a file using the usual process (click on the ellipsis, and the click Share) and experiences the Sorry, something went wrong error message
Application error when access /_layouts/15/aclinv.aspx, Error=Only a limited set of people are allowed to share this content. at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AclInv.InitPage() at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AclInv.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)While logged into a WFE using a farm administrator account, you again attempt to share the file using the usual process and this time do not experience the error message. You then check the list's Access Request Setting and find it disabled:
- Connect to the list using a farm administrator account.
- Go: Settings > Users and Permissions > Site permissions.
- Select the PERMISSIONS ribbon.
- In the Manage group, click the Access Request Settings button
- Enable Allow access requests, enter the appropriate email address for the person who will handle these requests, and then click OK.
- Share a document using SharePoint or OneDrive
- Set up and manage access requests
- Sharing Content in SharePoint 2013
- Site Collection Administrators and Site Owners have the permissions necessary to configure the Allow Access Requests setting.