Experienced the following error after navigating to the Configure service accounts page:
Re-attempted several times to navigate to the page, but without success. Began troubleshooting.
- Performed search on error text, "Some or all identity references could not be translated."
- Identified potentially applicable posting, FarmCredentialManagement.aspx, by Nelson Lamprecht.
- Opened elevated SharePoint Management Shell
- Executed commandlet, Get-SPManagedAccount | ft -auto, Two farm service accounts were listed: an older one and its replacement. The older one had been previously removed from Active Directory, but it still appeared in SharePoint.
- Executed commandlet, Get-SPManagedAccount -Identity "DOMAIN\Service.Account.srv" | Remove-SPManagedAccount
- Re-executed Get-SPManagedAccount | ft -auto, No accounts are listed that have null password expiration.
- Re-attempted to navigate to the Configure service accounts page, and this time was successful.
- List managed accounts.
- Identify the account(s) having null PasswordExpiration.
- Remove those management accounts having null PasswordExpiration.