IntroductionThis posting is a stub that collates ongoing notes on creating, updating and removing a Managed Metadata service application. Removing the managed metadata service application also includes removing the managed metadata database and application pool (if one was created specifically for this service).
Creating the service using PowerShell
New-SPServiceApplicationPool -Name AppServicesAppPool -Account "DOMAIN\spFarm" New-SPMetadataServiceApplication -Name "Managed Metadata Service Application" -ApplicationPool "AppServicesAppPool" -DatabaseName "ManagedMetadata" New-SPMetadataServiceApplicationProxy -Name "Managed Metadata Service Application Proxy" -ServiceApplication "Managed Metadata Service Application"
- SharePoint 2013: How to Configure Managed Metadata Service
- Overview of managed metadata in SharePoint Server 2013
- Create Managed Metadata Service Application via Powershell in SharePoint 2013: good article from the PowerShell approach.
- Creating And Configuring Managed Metadata Service Application In SharePoint 2013: good article from Central Admin approach.
- Whenever possible, I prefer using PowerShell to administer SharePoint - particularly when creating service applications.