ProblemA user clicks on a Microsoft Word document in a document library in an externally facing SharePoint 2013 farm. The user's local WinWord launches, and then a login dialog appears. The user enters the usual authentication information, and then clicks OK. The user is then prompted again to enter login information. And so on. If the user cancels out of the login prompt or clicks the "X", the users sees this error message:
This issue has been found to be associated with the installation of update KB3055034 for Microsoft Office 2010 that was released on October 13, 2015.
- Uninstall KB3055034.
- Microsoft Word: Solving Crashing Problems
- Word Content Control Toolkit
- SharePoint problem with Excel patch KB3055034
- network steve: Sharepoint 2013, Word/Excel and KB3055034
- October Microsoft patches crashing Word/Excel if documents opened from SharePoint
- KB3055034 breaks opening Office files directly from sharepoint
- Updated: October 2015 Office Update Release
- October 13, 2015, update for Office 2010 (KB3055034)