Managers want to view the My Sites of employees who have recently left the organization. However, they report that when they click the link in employee My Site deletion messages,
they see an error message:The My Site of [USERNAME] is scheduled for deletion in 14 days. As their manager you are now the temporary owner of their site. This temporary ownership gives you access to the site to copy any business-related information you might need. To access the site use this URL: http://[USER_MYSITE_URL]/personal/[USERID]
- Through Central Administration (Application Management > Site Collections > Change site collection administrators), update the user mysite's Primary site collection administrator to the user's manager.
- Send the manager the direct URLs to the mysite's application pages:
- SharePoint My Site Deletion and the Person.aspx Redirect Problem
- “Getting the most out of SharePoint” Auto-Generated SharePoint 2013 MySite Personal Site Email
- How to update “The My site of user is scheuled for deletion” email message in SharePoint 2013
- The URL in the email message is hard-coded. A quick check through resource files in the Web Server Extensions folder,
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\didn't reveal one for this email text. Other administrators have reported the same problem (see references 1-3).
- To check to see if the user's mysite is already deleted, use Get-SPDeletedSite. Use Restore-SPDeletedSite to get it back, if you need to.